Saturday, November 12, 2016

First 100 Days

It's hard to pick which cause I hold dearest. Especially when it seems all of them could be on the chopping block. I'm only one person and activism can't be my full time vocation. So what should I fight for first? Women's rights? The environment? Immigration issues? It's dizzying to pick a starting point.

Luckily, amid the Facebook explosion of reactive posts yesterday, my brother-n-law posted a link to a useful article. Back in October Trump released a list of what he planned to accomplish in his first 100 days. (Trump's 100 day wish list) This is really useful because - ta da! - if these are the items first on Trump's hit list they should be the first things on my activism to-do list.

It's still a lot of stuff... but not all of it I care about. Term limits on Congress? Sure. Whatevs. And other things are scary as all get out, like deportation of youngsters. Here's an issue by issue explanation that helped me choose my priority topics: 100 day fact check

Phew. Okay. We can do this.


No comments:

Post a Comment